Thursday, February 10, 2011

X-Men: First Class Trailer

The first official trailer for X-Men: First Class was released today. Initially, I thought the idea of going back to the roots of X-Men for a film sounded exciting, as the setting in which they formed was surrounded by a lot of American history, and portraying fictional characters reacting to that history was a new way of presenting the X-Men. However, the more I heard about what characters would be appearing in the film, the more I started to question design ideas and direction. After the recent official photos were released, I sincerely doubted how well the film might be received (the photo of Magneto with helmet on looks absolutely ridiculous). Now that the trailer is released, my faith is restored a little bit, but I still have doubts about choice of characters and their design. Check out the full trailer below. X-Men: First Class will be released in theaters on June 3rd, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment